(Resolucion DNM 20.699/2006)
The Candians and the other non-mercosur foreigners that would like to participe in Argentina in a (1) Cultural Exchange or (2) an Internship related to a study program, need a visa at the Argentina Consulate of his Jurisdiction. Prior to the visa, the educational institution in Argentina must request at the "Direccion Nacional de Migraciones" an entry permit ("Permiso de ingreso") for the foreign student. Once the "Permiso de Ingreso" is issued, the student must send the following requirements to the Argentine Consulate:
1. Valid passport with an expiration date not less than 12 months and a Visa application completed in full.
2. "Permiso de Ingreso" issued by "Direccion Nacional de Migraciones" (visit the following link)
3. Two (2) Photographs 1,5 x 1,5 inches , ¾ right profile, white or light blue background, without glasses, hat or and/or any other sort of face hidden.
4. For people SIXTEEN (16) or older at the time of entering the National Territory, and as long as the legal stay applied for is for over SIX (6) months, a certificate of lack of criminal records from their country of origin or from the countries where they have lived for the last FIVE (3) years, duly legalized by the corresponding Argentine Consulate. In Canada, you must request the "Certified Criminal Record Check" form the RCMP (please visit the following link) , then that certificate must be autenticated by the Department of Authentication of the DFAIT in Ottawa (click here for more information). In addition, this document must be translated into Spanish.
Important: DFAIT has informed to this Consulate General that the RCMP certificate mentioned above must not be authenticated by a notary previously to request the authentication from DFAIT.
5. Accrediting the necessary knowledge of Spanish (if required).
6. Accrediting enough financial means for their self-support and accommodations in the National Territory. If accommodation is supplied by third parties, it must be accredited at the NATIONAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE after entering the country.
7. Being aware that they are entering the country only in order to live in the country temporarily.
8. Paying the consular fee established in the current regulations. Accompany a money order or certified cheque payable to: "Consulate General of Argentina", per each visa application. Check the consular fees here.
IMPORTANT: Your school or educational institution in Argentina must provide you with the correct information and requirements to obtain your visa.
(1) Cultural Exchange: A member of a cultural exchange program is understood as every foreigner from a NON-MERCOSUR country who is required to enter the National Territory as a participant in a cultural exchange program, under the organization of the entities included in Regulation No. 19 of National Immigration Office Regulation No. 19 dated August 29, 1994, or other similar institutions, i.e. Rotary International, AFS and Youth For Understanding).
(2) Internship: it is available to foreigners from a NON-MERCOSUR country who, due to an international agreement between an officially recognized public or private national education entity and a foreign education entity, is required to enter the National Territory in order to perform practices related to his/her studies, training, and specialization, and/or every foreigner from a NON-MERCOSUR country who, due to a requirement of his/her curriculum abroad, is required to enter the National Territory by an officially recognized public or private education entity in order to perform practices related to his/her studies, training, and specialization.
Passport holders of these Countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaiyan, Comoro Islands, East Timor, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Lybia, Mali, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sri-Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tadyikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Yemen, must apply for this visa personally at this Consulate General in Toronto, with no less than 30 days from the scheduled date of departure to Argentina. Also, in order to apply for a visa at this Consulate General the applicant should not be in Canada as a tourist. In case the applicant is a tourist in Canada, he must request the visa at the Argentine Consulate having jurisdiction in the place where he has his regular residence.
China passport holders must apply for this visa personally at this Consulate General in Toronto. Also, in order to apply for a visa at this Consulate General the applicant should not be in Canada as a tourist. In case the applicant is a tourist in Canada, he must request the visa at the Argentine Consulate having jurisdiction in the place where he has his regular residence.