("Transient visa " for up to 30 days or "Temporary visa " for up to (1) one year)
This visa can be applied by members of religious orders that will go to Argentina to develop pastoral, community assistance, social/welfare work, teaching, community care, attending theological seminars, etc.. Also for those traveling to our country in order to attend religious or theological studies.
I. A. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS - CATHOLIC CULTS-:
Starting July 1st. 2016, there is a new procedure in order to get a transient or temporary visa
The inviting in the Republic of Argentina should present an original note to the Directorate General of Catholic Worship (DICUC) at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in order to certify the signature of the empowered religious authority. On that note it shall be included, in addition to the data of the applicant of the visa, the following information:
a. Community, congregation or diocese where they develop tasks;
b. Address and contact of the religious entity;
c. Name of superior / provincial or responsible authority;
d. Type of activity to develop (pastoral, community, education, etc.);
e. Expected time to spent in Argentina
2. DICUC certifies the signature on the note and verify that the community, congregation or diocese is registered is enabled and up to date. The Consulate will need to receive a communication about the invitation for the purpose of granting the visa.
3. This procedure do not exempt from completing any of the other requirements established by the current immigration rules by the type of residence requested.
5. If the foreign visa applicant is expecting the process of an entry permit issued by the National Directorate of Migration, the procedure specified in paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply.
I. B. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS - NON CATHOLIC CULTS-:
1. The organization or religious institution in Argentina that invites you, must be registered at the “Dirección General del Registro Nacional de Cultos” (See here) and also at the "Registro Nacional Unico de Requirentes de Extranjeros (RENURE)" (Disposición DNM 54.618/2008)
The organization or religious institution that is not registered at the "RENURE" must contact:
a) "Registro Nacional Unico de Requirentes de Extranjeros":
Contact Phone: +54-11-4317-0200/0303/0263.
b) "Direccion General de Asuntos Consulares" of the "Ministry of Foreign Affais, International Trade and Worship":
Contact Phone: +54-11-4819-7000 (extension 8280 or 3118 or 3149).
2. The organization or religious institution must send to this Consulate General an original letter of invitation for the foreign visa applicant, that must have the following information:
1.1.- Name of the foreign guest with their passport number.
1.2. Requested length of stay in Argentina.
1.3. Community/school/church or diocese where he will be developing his activities (name, address, telephone and fax numbers)
1.4 .- Type of activity to develop (pastoral, community or social assistance, education, etc.).
3. The note of invitation should be signed by the agent or representative of a religious institution or organization which has its firm registered at the “Dirección General del Registro Nacional de Cultos” of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship. Also, the note must have the signature of that agent or representative notarized by an argentine notary public and then authenticated by the "Colegio de Escribanos".
II. OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR TRANSIENT VISA:
Once this Consulate General has the above-mentioned note of invitation we will request permission to our Foreign Ministry to issue the visa (for catholic cults, at the moment we receive the communication we will have the authorization to issue the visa). Once we have the approval, the visa applicant must submit all the documentation listed below to this Consulate General (this is applicable for catholic and non catholic cults):
1. Valid passport and visa form duly completed in all fields, without amendments or deletions, and signed. English speaking Applicants must submit the Form by following the instructions in English (See Form and Instructions), including address and phone numbers.
2. If the applicant has not accompanied a prepaid envelope or courier slip, he/she will have either to send a prepaid envelope/courier slip to us or come personally to our Office to pick up the passports/document/s.
3. 1 (one) picture 4 x 4 cm or 1.5 x 1.5 inches, white or color background, with no glasses.
4. Booking air tickets.
5. Proof of immigration status in Canada (if not a Canadian national).
6. Copy of your credit card and banking extract.
7. Pay the consular fee via money order or certified check to the order of the "Consulate General of Argentina" See the amount of the fees by clicking here.
IV. OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR TEMPORARY VISAS:
To apply for this visa at this Consulate the applicant must reside within our jurisdiction (click here to see our jurisdiction).
Once this Consulate General has the above-mentioned note of invitation, we will request permission to our Foreign Ministry to issue the visa. Once you have the approval, the visa applicant must submit all documentation listed below to this Consulate General 15 days prior to the appointment:
1. Visa Application Form (see above).
2. Foreigners who are 16 years old, must request the "Certified Criminal Record Check" form the RCMP (please visit the following link), then that certificate must be autenticated by the Department of Authentication of the DFAIT in Ottawa. Also, if any, Police Clearance Certificates from other countries you have resided for a period exceeding one (1) year for the past three (3) years.
Important: DFAIT has informed to this Consulate General that the RCMP certificate mentioned above must not be authenticated by a notary previously to request the authentication from DFAIT.
3. Fingerprint forms to be completed at this Consulate General (for visas only of one year or more).
5. Passport valid for a period of not less than one year.
6. 2 (two) picture 4 x 4 cm or 1.5 x 1.5 inches, white or color background, with no glasses.
V. CONSULAR FEES AND PAYMENT METHOD:
There are two types of fees: a) for temporary visas and b) transient visas.
They must be paid via money order or certified check to the order of the "Consulate General of Argentina". Refer to the respective amount by clicking here.
VI. THE SPANISH TRANSLATION OF DOCUMENTS:
All documents in foreign languages must be translated into Spanish.
Passport holders of these Countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaiyan, Comoro Islands, East Timor, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Lybia, Mali, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sri-Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tadyikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Yemen, must apply for this visa personally at this Consulate General in Toronto, with no less than 30 days from the scheduled date of departure to Argentina. Also, in order to apply for a visa at this Consulate General the applicant should not be in Canada as a tourist. In case the applicant is a tourist in Canada, he must request the visa at the Argentine Consulate having jurisdiction in the place where he has his regular residence.
China passport holders must apply for this visa personally at this Consulate General in Toronto. Also, in order to apply for a visa at this Consulate General the applicant should not be in Canada as a tourist. In case the applicant is a tourist in Canada, he must request the visa at the Argentine Consulate having jurisdiction in the place where he has his regular residence.