Residents in our jurisdiction, who wish to go to Argentina with one or more firearms and their ammunition, with the proposal to perform hunting activity, sporting shooting or other legitimate purpose, must come personally to this Consulate to fill out the form described below, which includes his/her right thumb fingerprint and signature.
The applicant must hold the equivalent legal possess authorization extended by the local authority, identification document or passport, requiring the applicable "temporary authorization and temporary possess permit" of corresponding material, during their stay in Argentina.
When leaving Argentina, the individual will have to apply for at the competent Policy authority, which will verify the exit of the corresponding firearms and alive ammunition and will keep the temporary authorization and temporary possess permit. If any temporary introduced firearm left, the individual will have to justify that circumstance with the due documents. For further information, please visit this link of the RENAR.
1. It is necessary an appoinment. The applicant may request it by e-mail, fax, tel, or personally in our office, from monday to friday, 9.30 a.m to 12.30 p.m.
2. The applicant must come with his valid passport.
3. Two (2) recent identical colour photographs, sized 4x4 cm or 1.5 x 1.5 inches, plain white background, full face, front view and open eyes, make sure photo presents full head from top of hair to shoulders (not include sunglasses or hats)
4. Valid Canadian firearms licence possesion.
5. Firearm Registration Certificate.
6. Airplane tickets indicating date of arrival and departure from Argentina; lenght of stay and address in Argentina.
7. Include a money order in Canandian dollars payable to: Consulate General of Argentina. Check the consular fees here. Appointments requested before 30 days from the date of the request are subject to the rush process fee.
1. The documents will be processed and returned same day.
2. In order to facilitate the certification in the date of the appointment, we strongly advise applicants to send to the Consulate -by a certified mail or personally in our office- all the requirements indicated above. These documents should arrive at this Consulate with no less that 72 hs. of the date of the appointment. Otherwise, you may expect some delay.
3. On the occasion, the Consulate will generate a certificate in which the applicant will put his/her fingerprint and signature. After the signature of the Consul, it will be given back to him/her with the original documents already submitted.