1. Be advised that residents of Canada should submit request for certification of residency to their local office or tax centre. For full details got to the following web page:
2. After obtaining the above mentioned certification, please forward this document to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAIT) for authentication at the following address:
Authentication and Services of Documents Section
Department of Foreign Affairs
125 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Tel: (613) 995-0119
Fax: (613) 944-7078
3. Once obtained the authentication from "DFAIT", send the original document/s to this Consulate General for a consular legalization, accompanied by this form, already completed and signed, and enclosing a money order or certified cheque payable to the "Consulate General of Argentina". Check the consular fees for legalizations here.
1. The documents will be processed and returned in 5 working days, as from the date of the arrival via the prepaid envelope menioned above. Rush process legalizations are issued within 48 hs. and they are subject to the rush process service fee per each document. Check the consular fees here.
2. Check the status of your application to Canada Post or the Courier chosen, upon our intervention with the tracking number already mentioned. For contacting Canada Post, click here.
3. If the applicant has not accompanied a prepaid envelope or courier slip, he/she will have either to send a prepaid envelope/courier slip to us or come personally to our Office to pick up the document.
Note: Canada it is NOT a member of the Convention of The Hague referred to "APOSTILLE".